Galloway Escapes will be working with the talented Leah Halliday to host the first Sewing Retreat at Craigbittern on the 29th of September.
Join us for a creative adventure of sewing workshops, mouthwatering food, and long-lasting friendships against the stunning backdrop of the Solway Coast.
Our Sewing Retreat involves a two-night stay at Craigbittern. All meals are provided, including canapés and a three-course celebration meal on the Saturday night, and there will be three sewing workshops over the course of the weekend: a three hour workshop on Friday, a full day on Saturday and a final three-hour workshop on Sunday.
In between workshops, you’ll be free to relax and explore the beautiful surroundings of the Solway coasts: a perfect chance to escape the stresses of modern life.
- Two nights’ accommodation in one of Craigbitterns beautifully appointed rooms. You can choose from single occupancy or share a room with a friend.
- Your food for the whole weekend. There will be a welcome meal on the Friday evening with your host Leah, Saturday evening will be a celebratory occasion where you will enjoy canapes and a three course meal. There are breakfasts and light lunches on Saturday and Sunday, tea/coffee throughout the weekend and of course cake during the workshops on Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
- Three sewing workshops led by your tutor Leah. There will be a three hour workshop on Friday afternoon, on Saturday a full day workshop and then another three hour workshop on Sunday.
- All materials are provided for each of the classes.
- A personalised goody bag designed exclusively for the sewing retreat and each guest.
- Access to tools and equipment in the studio during your time at the sewing retreat.
- The use of all the facilities at Craigbittern (Wi-Fi, gardens/outdoor area etc)
What’s Not Included
- Your travel to and from Craigbittern at Sandyhills, Dumfries & Galloway. We can of course happily help with and arrange transfer according to your arrival. Our private Facebook group will allow you to make plans with other retreat guests and possibly share transport to get to Craigbittern.
- Personal insurance.
- Alcohol is not provided at the retreat, but if you fancy a tipple or a glass of wine with your meal then its best to bring this with you as the nearest shop is a short drive away!
Join our Create Escapes mailing list